- Equipment Identity Register (EIR)
- Gateway Mobile Switching Center
- Home Location Register (HLR/HSS)
- STP (Signaling Transfer Point)
- Evolved Packet Core (EPC)
- GGSN/PDN GW
Equipment Identity Register (EIR)
- π High-capacity, multi-protocol, advanced signaling solution
- π Full compliance with international standards
PROTEI EIR enables network operators to enter the IMEI of stolen handsets into a “blacklist”, thus preventing them from being registered on the network.
PROTEI EIR provides automatic device detection functionality required for identification of changes of subscriber’s device. Every change of subscriber’s device will be detected by PROTEI EIR. Detection is based on MAP procedures (MAP-CHECK-IMEI) in full accordance with international standards. The change of subscriber’s device leads to the change IMEI-connected with MSISDN by comparison received IMEI with saved one. PROTEI EIR can detect changes calling the notice of external system.
PROTEI EIR is based on PROTEI xVLR solution that is “umbrella” platform providing the ability to process, store and transmit to the external applications location information regarding subscribers of mobile networks, switching elements may transfer. The platform is able to process information that is available through core network vendors’ proprietary features or using standard MAP capabilities. Collected data may be efficiently used for such services as geographically targeted SMS campaigns, loyalty services and many others.
- π Full handling of Check IMEI functionality
- π Using standard procedures for detection
- π Horizontally scalable solution
- π Processing of "blacklists" and "graylists"
- π Easy integration with network elements
- π Wide opportunities for implementing additional services
Gateway Mobile Switching Center
- π Easy deployment of full-MVNO services
- π Flexible integration with different types of networks
Gateway mobile switching center PROTEI GMSC is designed for servicing voice calls of MVNO-subscribers.
PROTEI GMSC functionality is based on Softswitch class 4 and provides flexible signaling and voice traffic routing, high performance and full compatibility with equipment of different vendors.
The system provides quick and efficient deployment of traditional or virtual mobile network (MVNO and MNO) and supports a wide range of additional features required at transit level, including flexible traffic balance, backups, QoS and support of MNP. Optionally, the system may include transit node PROTEI STP for SS7 traffic processing.
Wide range of supported signaling protocols: CAMEL v2 ... 4 for implementing gsmSSF functionality; MAP (v1. .. 3) for interaction with HLR; SIGTRAN/M3UA for interaction with HLR and SCP; SIP, SIP-I, SIP-T for interworking with NGN networks.
Embedded LI functionality made PROTEI-GSM is supported and can be adopted according to national requirements.
- π Compatibility with equipment of different vendors
- π Intelligent calls routing according to various parameters
- π Embedded gsmSSF subsystem (CAMEL phase 2..4 support)
- π Scalable according to network growth
- π Convenient licensing mechanism based on number of simultaneous calls
- π CDR generation and statistic counters
- π Ability to flexibly adapt the format of data to customers' requirements
- π Powerful tool for statistics collection to ensure QoS
- π SNMP for alarm indication
Home Location Register (HLR/HSS)
- π CORE element in any carrier network
- π Full compliance with 3GPP standards
PROTEI Home Location Register is a cost-effective, high performance and scalable solution to suit both - new and existing mobile operators, MVNO, service- and content providers. PROTEI HLR scalable architecture and flexible throughput licensing enables an Operator or provider to select a solution that not only mirrors the revenue stream of today, but can be used to meet operator tomorrow's needs.
PROTEI HLR contains the permanent subscriber data register with entries for each and every subscriber within a mobile network. It contains static and permanent information about a subscriber. The HLR works as the central location to route calls within the respective mobile operator’s network. Most of the administrative activities regarding the subscribers are controlled and centralized around the HLR. The Authentication Centre (AuC) is integrated to PROTEI HLR to provide more efficient and effective mobile network design. Thus, PROTEI HLR contains authentication information as well. It also forwards the charging information to the billing center.
PROTEI HLR/HSS is developed in strict accordance with ETSI 3GPP standards that gives the Operator unique possibility to obtain a long-term storage of information about its subscribers containing pertinent user information, including address, account status, and preferences.
- π Centralized database with information about each SIM-card
- π Can be configured as a separated node in mobile network
- π Horizontally scalable
- π Single database remains for several HLRs
- π Registration of roaming subscribers data, including TMSI and VLR
- π Storage all information about services granted or requested by subscriber
- π SNMP and alarm indication support
STP (Signaling Transfer Point)
- π Powerful routing, screening and SS7 message manipulation solution
- π Carrier grade technology packed with feature rich capabilities
PROTEI STP is highly effective solution for signaling messages routing. All tasks connected with extra flexible signaling traffic routing, special routing for particular messages, necessity to connect more than one roaming provider can be solved using by PROTEI STP. It’s also a proven solution for deploying active steering platform or SMS Firewall.
PROTEI STP provides a comprehensive future proof STP supporting legacy SS7 TDM and Next Generation IP SIGTRAN. A mature, proven, carrier grade technology packed with feature rich capabilities and at reasonable cost.
Out of the box PROTEI STP offers a range of benefits and features including flexible routing of particular SS7 messages, solving routing conflicts due to multi-system integrations and thus, rapid service enablement.
As well, PROTEI STP is the suitable choice to lower CAPEX as it provides a flexible pricing model to match budget expectations, scale of deployment and future growth requirements.
- π Flexible routing by SCCP-level parameters
- π Special TT (-s) for outgoing traffic
- π Flexible routes’ redundancy
- π Routing by TCAP operation codes (for MAP & CAP)
- π E1/SS7 or SIGTRAN connectivity
- π Comprehensive web-based GUI for all Administration and Maintenance activities
Evolved Packet Core (EPC)
- π Irreplaceable solution for supporting real-time media services
- π Contemporary tool for reducing costs of advanced services implementation
PROTEI EPC is the set of platforms for the Long-Term Evolution (LTE (EPC) creation enabling intelligent, reliable, rich services and security for 4G the fourth-generation operators. The EPC is designed to provide an all-IP, flat architecture which provides high throughput and reduced latency. EPCs reduce costs and support real-time media-rich services with enhanced quality of experience while also providing interworking with legacy 2G/3G networks connected via external SGSN. The EPC controls all of the components of a 4G network including macro, micro and pico BS base stations and the user devices they communicate with.
PROTEI EPC provides enhanced service control, advanced provisioning and ensures efficient use of network resources. The EPC components provide the functionality of access control, packet routing and transfer, mobility management, security, radio resource and network management. PROTEI EPC is a set of solutions consisting of MME, SGW (Serving GW), PDN GW/GGSN, and optionally HLR/HSS and PCRF components, or any combination of these, providing a fully functional solution. Each of solutions may be deployed either separately or as a part of the turn-key bundle. PROTEI EPC elements support from 1000 to 1 mln millions simultaneously attached subscribers per node whereas several nodes may work in load sharing mode that makes PROTEI EPC suitable for wide range of mobile operators having different subscriber base and network topology.
- π Easy integration with 3G/4G networks
- π Effective QoS and traffic management
- π Full compliance with 3GPP standards
- π Supporting the wide range of interfaces
- π Deployment either separately or as a part of the turn-key bundle
- π Support from 1000 to 1 mln millions simultaneously attached subscribers per node
- π Ideal solution for 2G/3G and 4G/LTE network architecture
- π Full accordance with international standards
PROTEI GGSN/PDN-GW acts as a gateway GPRS support node (GGSN) in 2G and 3G network architecture, a Packet Data Network Gateway (PDN-GW) in a 4G/LTE network architecture. GPRS Gateway Service Node is the heart of PS Core Network of mobile operator responsible for data routing between GPRS Core network via GTP protocol and external IP-networks. GGSN takes part in PDP context activation sending authentication requests to the RADIUS server, as well as interaction with the DNS servers to determine IP-address assigned to the requested APN.
PROTEI GGSN/PDN-GW is developed in full accordance with international standards and allows easy integration into a packet network via Gi/SGi interface to provide data-flow with external internet networks, via Gn interface with SGSN(s), via S5/S8 interface with SGW(s) of LTE networks to allow signaling and data path for establishing and maintaining subscriber PDP contexts, via Gy and Gx interfaces using in-build PCEF providing charging for data services.
- π Mobility support between 3GPP and non-3GPP access systems
- π Advanced traffic management of subscribers and services
- π Easy integration with network elements
- π Horizontal scalability to provide greater total throughput
- π Support Gn, S5/S8, Gy and Gx